Method Race Wheels Partners with Off The Grid Expeditions for Unique UTV Baja Rally Experience
Method Race Wheels presents the first annual Baja Challenge for UTV off-road vehicles. This organized event will cover over 300 miles of Baja’s finest trails and travel over a wide range of scenic terrain, that will leave you breathless. Method Race Wheels is proud to host an industry event like this in Baja, to share one of the last true off-road frontiers.
So what’s included on this 3 day adventure?
- Guided trails every step of the way. You will cross the border with us and travel through our GPS guided course.
- Hotel accommodations at Horse Power Ranch and Mikes Sky Ranch.
- Breakfast and dinner, both nights.
- Unsurpassed trail support
- A lead UTV will guide you every step of the way.
- A sweep support UTV, that hold parts and tools for almost any trail breakdowns, will ensure that everyone gets to their destination.
- On the trail Mechanics that will handle any issues that might pop up. These mechanics, or “Baja Ninjas” as we call them, are truly amazing to have along.
- Parts for most manufacturers are carried on trail, as well in 2 fully outfitted Chase trucks and trailers.
- The Chase trucks hold a multitude of tools, welders, parts, wheels, tires, fuel and medical equipment.
- A certified paramedic will be accompanying us the entire way.
- Media coverage, to capture photos and video footage of our adventure.
- Awards and Raffles from our Sponsors, T-Shirt
With extensive planning, these tours are designed for you to just show up and enjoy yourself. Leave all the stressful logistics and planning to us!
This 3 day, 2 night adventure will start at the Tecate border crossing where we will all meet up in the secure parking lot on the US side behind the boarder crossing. This is a secure lot and you are able to leave your tow vehicle there for the weekend. Once we complete registration and have a quick drivers meeting we will cross the international boarded crossing together. Please note you must have current original registration and insurance for your UTV to get into Baja. (see links below)
With just a short Highway drive (approximately 5 miles), we will hit the dirt and be on the trail. The first day’s trail will lead us through the Sierra De Juarez mountain range. This is some of the most spectacular scenery in Baja. From Pine forests to desert oasis, this route will not disappoint. Our destination for Day 1 will be the beautiful Horse Power Ranch, in Ensenada. When we arrive we will enjoy drinks, indulge in a nice dinner and share some great stories from out on the trail.
The next morning will start bright and early with a group breakfast at HPR, then back on the trail for Day 2. From HPR we will head back into the mountains, traversing over to Valley De Trinidad. This is a planned refueling / lunch stop before climbing the mountains to our destination for Day 2… the legendary Mike’s Sky Ranch. If the thrill of drifting your UTV around corners and over stomach dropping crests is your idea of a good time, the road up to Mike’s is your kind of road. After we make the white knuckle drive up to Mike’s we will once again enjoy a mouthwatering dinner and drinks with the group.
Our last day of this amazing journey will start with a group breakfast and trail meeting. As we leave Mike’s Sky Ranch, we will be heading back through the desert and mountains of Sierra De Juarez, ending back at the Tecate border crossing.
Whether you’re a Baja race veteran or this is your first time to Baja, these professionally guided tours are designed so that we do all the work. You just show up drive and take the true experience of Baja all in. We will remove the “what if” factor from your adventure.
What are you responsible for?
You are responsible for just a few things on this amazing journey.
First and foremost, you are responsible for your actions. A clear and level headed driver and passenger. You will be able to drive at your pace, and to your driving ability. Whether it be a cruising speed or at a faster pace, as long as you are comfortable and in control, you’re doing good.
Good attitude, this is a must!!! We can assure you along the way that we will encounter some type of mechanical issue and we will all have to stop. Our mechanics will be on any issue as fast as possible. With a good attitude, we will all have a good time.
- Minimum of 1 spare tire.
- Tools to change a tire. (Jack, tire iron, etc)
- Minimum of 2 spare belts
- Preparation. Please have your UTV prepped and ready for this adventure. This includes all spare parts stowed securely away, as well as tools and spare tires. Please make sure all services are completed and your UTV is well maintained.
- GPS and Radio
- The GPS used is the Lowrance units. We will provide the trail map and load it onto your device for you.
- VHF radio. Handheld or mounted system. (Please make sure both are in good working order and you know how to use them)
Food and Drinks – You are responsible for your lunch and trail snacks along the way. You will also want to bring plenty of bottled water and beverages for consumption while out on trail. Please make sure everything is secured.
Gas – We will be stopping for gas on several occasions, which you will be responsible for purchasing. You will need to carry an additional 5 gallons of gas.
Cash – small bills. Please make sure you have cash, in small bills. The gas stations do not take credit cards.
Passports and Drivers licenses – You will need you passport to enter back into the USA.
Insurance – You will need insurance for your UTV. CONTACT US FOR INSURANCE DISCOUNT
Special Note: Absolutely no illegal drugs or guns are allowed in Baja. Prescription Drugs need to have documents with them.
- $1500.00, includes 2 participants (you and your passenger)
- All accommodations for 3 days and 2 nights, including breakfast and dinner.
- Logistics/GPS mapping. Trail support w/ mechanics. Chase trucks and trailers. Paramedic and support staff. Media coverage.
To register for this event please fill out the form by CLICKING HERE
UTVUnderground.com is the worlds fastest growing all-inclusive UTV website, that features content and articles by both enthusiasts and manufacturers alike. In a mere six years, it has become the go-to site for all the latest news and entertainment surrounding the UTV industry. Thousands of monthly visitors from over 100 different countries around the world go to UTVUnderground.com for their daily dose of UV news and information.
About Mad Media
Mad Media (www.madmedia.com) is a San Diego based marketing and creative agency, with in-house film and television production. They are know for crafting authentic, culturally engaging brand messages, and delivering them across print, web, photography, and film platforms. Mad Media has been leading the online content revolution since 1995 producing major commercial, television, online/viral film projects such as The Gymkhana Series and XP1K Series.